Friday, September 14, 2012

Our First Full Week Together

This week, the girls experienced many "firsts:" the first time they visited Mr. Witrak and Ms. Stock in the art room, the first time they had PE in the gym, the first time they used their brand new cubbies, the first time they sang Razzama Tazzama (ask your k'er to show you how!) and more.  Our first full week of kindergarten was busy!  Here is what the k'ers reported that they enjoyed:

"I like dramatic play because I get to play picnic!"

"I like to build bridges with the Cuisenaire rods!"

"I like doing Aroostasha!"
(a morning meeting game)

We also drew self-portraits this week.  The girls used a mirror to look at themselves and the details that make them unique.  Some people had freckles, some glasses, others brown or blue eyes.  Using these details the girls began creating their drawing.  Each month we will do a self-portrait, varying materials, and they will live on our classroom wall.


C looking closely.


The artists at work.

Lunch has been a huge hit with the girls- reading the lunch menu during morning meeting has become a favorite part of the day.  In order to help our friends make good decisions when choosing lunch items, we decided to create our own "colorful plates" full of proteins, vegetables, grains, and fruit (and a small dessert on the side, if they so chose).

Peas and blueberries!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You girls sure have been busy, Thanks for sharing!

    xo
    Kathy and Charlotte (Ceci's mom and big sister)

    ReplyDelete